Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Among many passions lies reading


Well, at the end of 2013 I decided instead of New Year’s resolutions, I’d make a list of books I wanted to read throughout the year, and see how many I could check off by the end of the year. It turned out to be a really dumb idea, because I bought a ton of books in 2014 and a lot of them I wanted to start the minute I got them home. I didn’t get very far in my book reading list…

But I did read a heck of a lot last year. I experienced literature from a number of different authors and a number of different genres as well as a number of different decades. Some of my favorites were The October Country by Ray Bradbury, Leave it to Psmith by P.G. Wodehouse, Inkheart by Cornelia Funke, All Quite on the Western Front by Erich Maria Remarque, and Terry Pratchett’s The Wee Free Men.

I’m excited, because my bookshelf is bursting with volumes I cannot wait to crack open. And I mean literally bursting! I’ve run out of room. I have several books out on loan still, but when they get returned I honestly don’t know where I’ll put them… because I don’t have any more space. I didn’t have any more space months ago, but that just doesn’t stop me from buying more books. It’s a disease I have. It’s not always my fault, though! Sometimes people give me books! And, obviously, I adore them for it.

It's a treat for me to get lost in literature and an adventure I look forward to each day, right alongside actually writing things for myself. I’m off to a good start with my reading for this year. And I’m sure there’ll be a number of books I haven’t accounted for that will show up out of nowhere which I will read with pleasure. I’m looking forward to the reading I do in the coming year… because I already have some awesome titles lined up.

No comments:

Post a Comment