Saturday, August 4, 2012

A sunset on the Oregon coast...


      I do so love a beautiful sunset. I’m kind of a bit of a sunset chaser, actually. I mean… not over the top or anything… but kind of a sunset chaser. So while on the Oregon coast I knew I’d just have to photograph a sunset. As usual with me and sunsets, it was a spur-of-the moment decision one evening. But the walk to the beach was short and I had plenty of time.

      The sunset was gorgeous. It just was. The massive globe of orange fire slowly shrank as it pulled away and plummeted towards the grand, dark sea. The ocean cooed out its lullaby to the sun as the waves broke on the beach, wetting the sand at its constant rhythm. And before I knew it, it was gone. The sun had said its final farewells before pulling its bedclothes over its fiery head and going to sleep beneath the horizon of waves.

      I do so love sunsets. No matter where they are, they’re sure to impress me each and every time I get the opportunity to watch them.

1 comment:

  1. I love sunsets.
    God displays such beauty in them.
    They rarely dissapoint.
    Your pictures of the sun sinking behind the waves are gorgeous.
    ~Grace

    ReplyDelete