Friday, November 30, 2012

Writing Meeting: 11/29/2012


Yesterday, our club of two met again. This time our attention was primarily focused on my short story. The final pages received editing. We weeded through the pages I brought, making revisions, cutting unnecessary and superfluous lines of writing or adverbs. There was much less need for punctuation correction, thank goodness.

He liked how the story ended. Thought the characters developed well. Overall, he thought the story was a good one. I’m rather happy with it, myself. It’s a nice feeling, having something finished is. I’m one of those people who is an absolutely splendid ‘starter’ but a rather awful ‘finisher’. I make the best plans, but they never pan out, or I just never get around to completing those projects I start. I have six stories started, and a couple other ideas roughed out in outlines, but only one completed story. And only quite recently completed at that.

I’ll need to remedy that. For now – I’m just glad this writing meeting is motivating me to plug on. I think it’s been revolutionary for the sake of forcing me to sit down and write at least something for us to edit. Now I have no excuses. It’s quite fulfilling, actually.

15 comments:

  1. Sounds like another wonderful meeting! So glad to hear you have a completed project! That must be a lovely feeling.
    Did you have any new RED pens for the editing process???

    Glad to hear you're ruthless with the superfluous adverbs. ;)
    ~Grace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I got home from the meeting I learned about the package which our club received. Jesse brought some RED pens to use, but these new ones will do much better, I'm sure. Thank you so much! It really was the perfect gift. :)

      Delete
    2. Do I have to share the candy-canes, though? ;)

      Delete
  2. Oh! I was hoping you would be get the package before the meeting! :) You'll have to use them next time, with my compliments
    Did you notice the owl paper?

    As to the candy canes...since you opened the package yourself Jesse doesn't know about them...technically. ;)
    {I was so excited to send the package to you and Jesse!}
    ~Grace

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, okay, real funny. Now hand over the candy canes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Uh-oh...looks like we're caught ;)
      {Jesse, let me know how wonderful it feels to edit with a RED ink pen, okay?} *smile*
      ~Grace

      Delete
    2. Well, Caleb broke down and gave me a candy cane. I also read your marvelous letter and we opened the red...pardon me, RED...pens. Thank you so much. :) I will certainly let you know just as soon as we use them.

      Delete
    3. Oh good. :) You're so welcome. I was excited to put the little package together, write the RED note, and send it off.
      {I was hoping neither one of you had broke down and bought yourselves RED pens}
      I hope to come to another meeting someday...I will bring my RED pen.

      Delete
    4. Nice Owl paper, by the way. I made sure Jesse took note of it too. :)

      Delete
    5. So glad you both took note of the owl paper.
      It was important.

      Delete
    6. Yes! Owl paper! Gorgeous owl paper.

      Delete
    7. Hey guys, we could make a BOOK out of our on-going conversasion here...

      Delete
  4. Do we get to read you story? :) -Owen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *Dope* I'm so sorry. I meant to send a copy to you guys. I'll get that in the mail as soon as can be... Sorry.

      Delete
  5. Oh sweet! Thanks :) I eagerly await its arrival. -Owen

    ReplyDelete